Monday, October 1, 2012

Solo

So yesterday I parted ways with my brother. He was nice enough to join along on the first few days of the journey. Sunday afternoon we finished off the remainder of the Old Grand-dad whiskey on the side of the road and said goodbye. I'm not gonna lie, I miss the company.

Spent the day riding through the flaming gorge. I took a dirt turn off to an amazing overlook and stopped for a picture. An older guy on a newer Gs pulled up next to me ( guess I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the view). We talked about or trips thus far and about cycling, it was nice. He was from long island and had been on the road twelve days. It was kind of humorous the age gap of rider and machine.

The rider and I split up but ended up seeing each other a few more times. I clocked a few more miles and stopped to drink a beer and read for a while. Fear and Loathing seems to be a rather appropriate book and a few minutes is now an hour. I'm taking today easy. Time to find a liquor store and a place to camp.
Cheers




1 comment: