Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Absolutely Golden

So I rolled out of Steamboat Springs this morning. My days always end up starting late, wasted time makes afternoon riding quite pleasurable. Todays rainstorm however was not. Rain at high elevation mountain passes is fucking cold. A quick stop for shots of fire water and i'm back on the road.

Colorado is fully in fall. Riding through the canyons today full of all the beautiful fall colors, was bliss. The steady hum of the horizontally apposed boxer engine between my legs reminds me of a bush plane gliding above the tree line. The steady pur as you roll on the throttle and hold tight through the frost heave plagued roads of Colorado is unlike any other feeling.

Tomorrow I roll into Denver for who knows what fun adventures. It will be the first familiar face I've seen since Sunday and I can't wait to catch up and share stories. I've met plenty of new faces along the way from the "caravan" of auzzies to the town drunk who no one would give any time, each one a different unique experience.

Now, to find a camp site. I feel like throwing it down on the camp cooking tonight. Cheers to whoever reads this...




No comments:

Post a Comment