Sunday, January 22, 2012

Staying busy





So I got around to figuring out my whole rearset situation this week. I've seen a lot of rearset setups that are way too flimsy or just an eye sore. In order to have any rear braking power out of my drum brake at all it had to be stiff and I also needed something that sat tight up against the frame but at the same time spaced the rearset out about 15mm. I made a paper pattern that I was happy with, started with a plate (I believe 3/16) and drilled all my holes and cut them out.


Here they are tacked, Im pretty happy with how they turned out. I wish I had the shift side but the ebay seller mis shipped the brake side instead(sigh). One more thing off the check list. I've got them tacked on for now, when the bike comes all apart again for painting the frame i'll fully weld these in.
Skeet

No comments:

Post a Comment